Time to Spring Clean Your BBQ Grill
Top Tips for Keeping Your Outdoor Grill In Shape All Year Long
After a long, cold winter, it’s finally time to start grilling. Before you put that first juicy steak or delicious corn cob on the fire, every grill needs a quick cleaning and maintenance review. Spring is the perfect time to give your grill a total cleaning and inspection to be ready for the busiest grilling season of all. The team at Buchanan Fire and Outdoor have over 40 years of experience bringing the best in heating and outdoor necessities to Greenville, SC. Here are our top tips for keeping your grill running smoothly all year long.
- Dusting Off Debris- This may seem like an obvious tip, but we can’t tell you how many grills malfunction due to simple issues like debris. Dust, spider webs, nests, sticks, and other debris can quickly destroy your grill. The debris stores moisture which speeds up the rusting process.
Dust, webs, and other litter also clogs up pipes and make for uneven heating. Spider webs or insect nests in burners and pipes can also create dangerous fire hazards. To extend the life of your grill, make sure you clear off any dirt or debris before you even start your regular cleaning routine.
- Cleaning Your BBQ Grill- A lot of people think they are cleaning their grill properly and end up doing more damage. Don’t make that mistake. Each type of grill requires different cleaning techniques. For example, you don’t want to use soapy water on your wood pellet smoker or pull out the shop vac on your gas grill. Make sure you are using the right brushes and cleanser. If you have any questions, you can always ask our experts. We’re always here to help.
- Check Your BBQ Grill for Wear and Tear- Before grilling season starts, make sure and do a thorough annual check for wear and tear. You can extend the life of your grill and protect your safety by making sure everything is in working order. Make sure to replace worn or damaged parts like your ignitors, burners, tubing, grates, and heat plates every year. You will save time and money by taking a few minutes to inspect grill parts. Make sure to check with your trusted grilling experts in Greenville, SC; they’ll keep your grill running smoothly all year long.
- Inspect Connections- For gas grills, you’ll want to make sure every connection is secured tightly. Loose connections or holes are big fire hazards. Follow these safety tips and call your trusted expert if you find any issues. The team at Buchanan Fire and Outdoor will guide you through choosing the right replacement parts or finding the right service for your grill.
- Inspect and Refill Your Gas Tank- Annually inspecting and refilling your propane grill tank in spring saves you time and money. Spring refills will you’ll get lower prices and quicker refill turnaround time. Make sure you get your propane tank refill ordered before the summer rush.
Spring cleaning and inspections can keep your grill running smoothly and your family safe. Make sure you get your propane grill tank filled before it’s too late. Call Buchanan Fire and Outdoor in Greenville, SC at (864) 834-5226 or contact us online. We’ll get you ready for Grill Season before the first pool party.