Five Traditions to Try Around the Hearth this Season
After a long day of holiday hustling and bustling, it’s nice to come home and enjoy the warmth of your own wood burning fireplace. What’s even better? Sharing that comfy, cozy feeling with family and friends.
The team at Buchanan Fire and Outdoor in Greenville, SC are a locally owned and operated family business that has been providing fireplace installments and maintenance for over 40 years. We especially love spreading the warmth and joy of fireplaces during the holiday season.
Here are a few of our favorite holiday traditions for you to try with your family this season.
- Campouts by the Fireplace- Shut off the devices and the T.V. and have a good ol’ fireplace campout. Cuddle up next to your kids and tell ghost stories, haul out the sleeping bags or make cozy little cots for the whole family. Make sure all sleeping bags and covers are a safe distance from your hearth, so you can have a safe and relaxing night in the warm glow of the embers.
- Roast Marshmallows- You don’t have to have a full campout to enjoy a few roasted marshmallows by your fireplace. Grab some hot cocoa, chocolate bars, and graham crackers then have s’mores while everyone unwinds after work or school. Make sure to use long roasting sticks and supervise the kids so everyone enjoys this yummy tradition.
- Reading Christmas Stories – Reading by a cozy fireplace is soothing to the soul any time of the year. At Christmas time, have even more fun by bringing out those old holiday stories and reading them by firelight. Imagine starting a holiday tradition of nightly readings of A Christmas Carol, as you countdown to the big day! It could start a tradition your kids pass on to their own kids one day.
- Decorating the Hearth- A beautifully decorated hearth brightens up the whole home. From fresh evergreen boughs to beautiful ribbons, the options are endless. Even better, a beautiful hearth makes for the perfect backdrop for family pictures. Be sure every decoration is placed safely away from the fire and enjoy the beauty all holiday season.
- Game Night- Board games are back and more fun than ever. Grab your friends and unwind with a glass of wine by the fire while you try out the newest board games. Have sleepers with your kids and bring back some old favorites next to your wood burning fireplace. Special times like these gives everyone a chance to recharge their batteries and cre
- ate valuable memories.
Stay Safe Every Season with these Fire Safety Tips
- A fireplace is a beautiful addition to any holiday tradition. We want to make sure you all stay safe this holiday season, so please be sure to follow these simple fire safety tips.
- Have Working Fire Alarms on Every Level of Your Home
- Do Regular Fire Alarm Checks and Put in Fresh Batteries
- Have Working Carbon Monoxide Detectors in the Home
- Use Firewood That Is Low in Moisture
- Carefully Empty Ashes
- Keep Decorations, Gifts, and All Combustible Packages 3 Feet or More Away from Fireplaces
- Do Not Throw Garbage in the Fireplace
- Do Not Get Use Your Christmas Tree Wood in the Fire
- Keep Working Fire Extinguishers Handy
If you have any questions or are ready to install your fireplace, stop by Buchanan Fire and Outdoor in Greenville, SC. We are ready to answer all your questions and get your fireplaces traditions started this holiday season. Or, simply give us a call at 864-834-5226. We’ll help you get your fireplace ready for yuletide cheer.Posted by: Scott Meadows