How to Pick the Perfect BBQ Grills
Finding the perfect bbq grills to craft your charbroiled inspired meals can be tricky. You’ll need to decide on which type of grill. Should it be charcoal, gas, pellet, a smoker? The experts at Buchanan Fire and Outdoor in Greenville, SC offer the very best in outdoor barbecue grills and equipment. They love matching any grill master with their dream grill. First, here are a few terms you’ll want to know before you begin your search.
BTU/hr- BTU stands for British Thermal Units per hour. This rating tells grillers how much gas a grill is consuming and how much heat is being created. Knowing the highest temperatures of a grill helps you chose the right one for the food you want to cook.
Cooking Area Size- The cooking area measures the space of the grates in square inches. If you tend to grill out for just your family, a medium sized grill like the Delta Heat 26” grill will fit your needs. Picking the right size in BBQ grills really depends on who you cook for and how you prefer to use your grill.
Rack Material- Grill racks are commonly made of stainless steel or cast iron. Both materials work well with searing food. However stainless still is considered the better option. Look for a grade of around 304 for the best performance.
Don’t worry; our experts in Greenville, SC work patiently with you to guide you through the process.
Ask the Right Questions
Over our years of experience, we’ve learned to ask a few important questions for clients looking for the right grill. As you consider your options, keep these questions in mind.
- What do I want to cook on my grill? – If you stick to grilling burgers and steak, then look for a gas or charcoal grill. If you enjoy cooking a wide range of food, like flaky, delicious fish or smoked chicken, look at temperature control options in gas barbecue grills. Prefer roasted meats? Look into smokers or wood pellet options.
- How much time do I want to dedicate to grilling? –Knowing how much time you want to spend on grilling is important. Different types of grills require different prepping, cooking, and cleaning times.
- Want to cook fast and not spend a lot of time prepping or cleaning up afterward? Pick a gas grill. They ignite quickly, cook evenly, and are much easier to clean.
- Do you love to have something slow-cooked and don’t mind the wait? A smoker like the Primo 200 Smoker is the right choice for you.
- Want something in between with great flavoring but not a long wait? A traditional grill like the Twin Eagles 30″ Charcoal Grill is a great option.
- What Style of Flavor Do I Prefer?- While all options can give you that wonderful grilled flavor, different types of grills provide different flavoring.
- Do you love that smoky flavor that comes from wood grilling? Green Mountain delivers top-notch wood pellet BBQ grills. These grills take a little more time and upkeep, but they deliver a wide range of delicious wood chip options for wood flavoring that grill enthusiasts love.
- Like charbroiled sear marks that really seal in the flavor? You guessed it, look at charcoal grills. Charcoal barbecue grills offer the best in flavor and come in many sizes and price ranges.
- Want more even heat and a less smoky taste? Weber offers top rated gas grills for any budget. These grills are easy to care for and use.
- Does your mouth water every time you think about slow-cooked or roasted dishes? Invest in a smoker or slow cooker. A smoker can be easy to use but might take up more time in the clean-up process.
Feeling a little overwhelmed? That’s okay. Buchanan Fire and Outdoor in Greenville, SC are here to help you choose the perfect grill. We’re here to answer your questions and guide you as you start your search. Call us at 864-834-5226 or toll-free at 800-273-7209. We can’t wait to match you with your dream grill.Posted by: